Nelson Hall Parry Tucker, PLLC provides extensive experience in Idaho education law in representing school districts, charter schools, and trustees. Our representation regularly includes the following services:
Education Law Hotline
Direct line, twenty-four/seven for educational emergencies.
Due Process Hearings
Employment suspension and termination; student discipline; grievances; and IDEA audit reviews
Classified employee grievances; individual contracts of employment; drug and alcohol testing; employment of the disabled; Family Medical Leave Act; free speech by public school employees; re-employment rights of military personnel; sexual harassment issues; suspension and termination of certificated and classified employees.
School Administration, Board and Teacher Training
We regularly speak at seminars and provide in-service training. Recent topics have included:
- “Open Meeting Requirements and Compliance”
- “Employee Reference and the Defamation Trap”
- “Student Surveys and the Right of Privacy”
- “Contract Negotiation, Impasse, Mediation and Fact Finding”
- “Labor and Employment Issues in Public Education”
- “First Amendment and Constitutional Issues”
- “Student Admission and Expulsion”
- “Purchase, Procurement and Performance Contracting”
- “Teacher Contract Renewal and Termination: the role of administration, board and legal counsel”.
- “Law in the Classroom”
FERPA; public records requests; court and administrative subpoenas.